My cat just saved my life
Yes, you read that right … my cat just saved my life.
I was sitting at my desk, reading blogs. All of the sudden, my cat leapt onto the top of my chair (it’s a high-backed chair) and smacked me in the head. Not once … but repeatedly.
As you can imagine, I was slightly annoyed.
Then I heard it – the buzzzzzzzz – the sound that usually makes me run as far away from the noise as possible. I guess I was so absorbed in what I was reading that I hadn’t heard it before.
I jumped out of my chair, and ran halfway across the living room. When I turned, she was still sitting on top of my chair, batting away at something I couldn’t see.
I quickly turned on the bright ceiling light, and inched closer to my chair. Then I saw it.
Li’l Girl had incapacitated a bee, and it was struggling to live on the seat of my chair.
Fearing that she would be stung (can cats even be allergic?), I grabbed the nearest thing – a napkin – and carefully picked up the bee, rushed outside, and tossed both napkin and bee over the railing of the porch.
When I came back inside, Li’l Girl was sitting on my chair, looking at me with a confused look, as if to say, “mom, what did you do with my toy?”
She may be a royal pain in my ass most of the time, but she now holds a special place in my heart. ♥♥♥
If she hadn’t smacked me in the head, I may have caught the bee between my back and the chair, which could have lead to deadly consequences.